+64 3 321 9729
Landcare Research has compiled the soils data presented on this site from site observations and measurements taken over many years. The information may not be complete, correct or up to date. We do not accept responsibility for any actions taken in reliance on it or consequences arising from the use of it.
The data you can view and download from this website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- No Derivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0). This licence allows use and redistribution of the site observation data as long as they are passed along unchanged and whole, with credit to Landcare Research.
The full terms of the licence are available at https: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/legalcode.
Among other things, the licence also provides that:
- Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Licensor, to the extent possible, the Licensor offers the Licensed Material as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other.
- To the extent possible, in no event will the Licensor (Landcare Research) be liable to You on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this Public License or use of the Licensed Material, even if the Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages.
The NSDR website is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in whole or in part except under licence from Landcare Research.
By using this site you agree, and are deemed, to be bound by the following Terms. If you choose not to be bound by the following Terms, then Landcare Research does not grant you the right to use this site.
You acknowledge that Landcare Research acts as the provider of this website.
You agree that you will not attempt to alter this site or employ any robot, spider, or other device or process or means whatever to use this site for any unauthorised purposes.
You agree not to:
- make excessive traffic demands;
- deliver viruses or forward any other system that is of a destructive nature or capable of so being whether alone or in combination;
- otherwise engage in any other behaviour that may be reasonably expected to inhibit other users from using and enjoying the site;
- or damage or destroy the reputation of Landcare Research.
Landcare Research accepts no obligation to monitor the use of this site. However, Landcare Research reserves the right to disclose any information as required by law, to block access to you, your agents, associates or your company and take such other action as may be reasonably necessary to prevent any breach of these terms and conditions or any breach of applicable laws. Landcare Research will also in its absolute discretion fully co-operate with the relevant authorities with respect to any investigation of suspected unlawful activity or violation of the website's security.
Landcare Research does not warrant that the NSDR website or on the internet generally will be uninterruptible or error free or that any information, software or other material accessible from this site is free of viruses or other harmful components.
Landcare Research is not responsible for any information contained on sites that this website provides links to nor any third party content that can be accessed through this website. The inclusion of any link to a website is not an endorsement of the linked site.
You also acknowledge that Landcare Research may suspend the operation of the NSDR website for repair or maintenance work or in order to update or vary the contents or functionality of the website. You accept that access to or use of the NSDR website or services or pages linked to it will not necessarily be uninterrupted or error free.
Landcare Research reserves the right to modify or terminate the NSDR website for any reason without notice at any time.
Commercial Use Data Enquiries
For enquiries regarding the obtaining copies of the underlying NSD data for commercial use please contact:
Enquiries and Complaints
If you have any enquiries or complaints about the information or services provided by this website then please address them to: